Re: Wow! Wow! Wow! (Am I looping?)

>Hey all!
>
>I just got the March 2002 EM in the mail and guess who
>gets featured on page 38 in the "Profile" section but
>our very own Dave Trenkel and his band Minus (and
>their recent CD "Dark Lit"). Wow!
>
>Congratulations on the press coverage dude!

Yeah, I was gonna do a self-promo blurb to the list about this, but
you beat me to it! Thanks!

I haven't even seen the article yet, I was hoping it'd come today.  I
was totally floored when EM chose to profile it, I'd sent 'em a copy
when the disc came out but had pretty much given up on it happening.
I've read EM since almost the beginning, so it's a huge honor to be
in its pages.

>Best,
>
>Ted Killian
>
>PS: Planning a remix version of the album? Cool idea.

Yeah, and since it was one of the things mentioned in the article, I
guess this means I'm really doing it :-). So maybe this is as good a
time as any to throw this out to the list: Anyone wanna do a remix?
I've already guilt-tripped LD member Neil Goldstein into doing a
tune, as well as a number of other friends, but there's still room
for more. There are MP3's online at
http://www.newandimprov.com/minus2.html, or drop me a line and I'll
send out a disc. The music is kind of psychedelic power trio stuff
with lots of dub, metal and jazz influences, and my only restraint
with the remixes is that I want them to be as wild, creative,
surprising, and fun as possible.

Dave Trenkel                                New and Improv Music
http://www.newandimprov.com         improv@peak.org
                 Now Available: Minus: Dark Lit
"This is music all-consuming in its beauty and power"
                                -Jake TenPas OSU Daily Barometer