RE: echoplex question

>I wanna go to SLO sooo bad . .
>But at least I can loop at home, and here's the latest--
>I constructed a patch on the PMC to do the thing this thread is about (go
>the archives if you have forgotten) and it works like a charm.  Here's the
>deal--
>Step on the switch and a command for overdub and zero feedback is sent to
>the EDP.  Release the switch and a command for overdub and 100% feedback
>(so
>to speak) is sent to the EDP.  The cool thing about this is, as long as
>you
>keep your foot on the switch (if it's momentary--if it is configured as
>toggle you don't have to keep your foot down--hmmm, maybe I should change
>that) the source material is repeated once along with the new source
>material (I'm playing guitar, but same no matter), so you can play an
>extended "duet", two-part invention sort of thing, and then when noodling
>grows tiresome, play chords the last time and noodle some more over a
>chord
>progression.   Lots of other possibilities here.  So thanks for making me
>think of this one, it's (as Jonathan said) a real musical approach, and
>because of the zero feedback thing, less tiresome than the lobster trap
>gambit.

congratulations!
this is what we call substitute now. In Loop3 its "rehearse" and can
only be reached at the beginning by Record-Insert (when
InsertMode=rhr) and you come out of it with either Overdub or Insert.
In Loop4 there is a InsertMode Sub which makes Insert do what you
invented by MIDI, exept that its toggeling or sustaining, depending
on how long you press!
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org