Re: mac laptop set-up

You have checked out "LIVE" by ableton, right??

www.ableton.com

It is a great program. Still young, but the best I've seen.

It is like the PC's ACID but better, and it is built for live
performance, so the music never stops. Radial should be good when it
GETS FINISHED.

the next version will see it supporting VST instruments, and it does run
under OS X as well. Still not sure how to route all that stuff
though.....I am doing the same thing, except am starting off with LIVE
and some VSTi's.

If you were looking at running all those things together, you may
consider a powerbook.

The problem right now is that OS X has support for everything you want:

Eg. say you want to take the audio coming out of Cubase, run it through
some more FX (running in a separate program) and then run it all back
into LIVE.

You could do it in X, the problem is that X only has a few audio apps
available for it, and none of the majors - eg Protools Cubase, Logic.
(Logics out soon though). I think you maybe need a program to run your
FX/VSTis separately.

Tell me what you think of LIVE.

-Keith