RE: SONAR 2 announced, features 64th note triplets

Rick,

Thanks for your question. Sorry, Edit | Quantize has not been enhanced in
SONAR 2.0 to list 64th note triplets. However, I just found out that you
have been able to do 64th note Triplet Quantize (and higher) all along.

Here's how:

1. If you are at 960 PPQN, 40 Ticks (if my math is correct) would equal 1
64th note triplet
2. Edit | Quantize. The Resolution field allows you to type in a number of
ticks as opposed to selecting from a preset subdivision (eighth, 16th,
etc.).  Type in 40 ticks in that field.
3. Set your other Quantize settings the way you want them. And Voila, 64th
note triplets.
4. You can save settings as a preset, so you can call it up again any time
you like.

I didn't realize you could do that either, so I think I'm going to feature
that as a tip in our next newsletter.

We have also added a Drum Grid editor with resolution up to 64th notes.
Some
of the other features of the drum grid are: A pattern brush that allows you
to paint notes from 1000 preset patterns, or by using any .mid file;
per-note mute and solo, note sorting, velocity tails; custom drum maps that
can span multiple MIDI devices, multiple outputs, and DXi synths; you can
preview different kits with real-time remapping.

You can already get Glitch, Skitter, and Stutter effects in SONAR 1.0 by
changing settings in the Loop Construction view.  I've been experimenting
with changing settings while loops play back in realtime, and routing the
output to another track to record.  I then chop the recording up and make
new groove clips that feature the stutters.

I disagree with you about SONAR being considered sub-professional. If you
were talking about Pro Audio 9, I would concede, we needed to play some
catch up then, but I feel that we leapfrogged the competition in a lot of
areas with the release of SONAR.  SONAR received nothing but great reviews
across the board, none of them calling attention to the lack of 64th note
triplets as a flaw. :) There is always room for improvement, so if you have
any other suggestions (not just from Rick either, fellow loopers)  please
let me know.

Thanks,

Carl