SV: mp3.com newbie question

 need some advice from experienced mp3.com loopers. I've just begun to set
up
> an mp3.com account, and I'm wondering: 1. what's your experience with
> selling mp3.com D.A.M. CDs or netCDs? does it happen? is it worth the
>effort
> of setting this up?

You can give exposure to your music in an easy way so in that aspect it
can be well worth. But it is very hard to earn the PAS (Premium Service
Artist) 20$ if you´re not into something very spectacular things... and
then I don´t mean musically. But having a mp3.com page to link to from
your own site or leave in e-mails could in general be a good thing.
Being a member of the Tapegerm Collective (www.tapegerm.com) we have had
much discussion on mp3.com (or mp3.con as some people say) .
One thing that one should consider is if the audio quality is
satisfactional.  mp3.com uses 128kbs/s mp3 quality. Some thinks that is
quite allright... it´s definitevely not tha "CD-standard" quality, though.
The other drawback is that you are limited to 56 minutes or something like
that.
In the collective we stopped doing these DAM CD some time ago. Now we´re
doing them at Homemade Music. (www.homemademusic.com) giving us
possibility to use higher quality wav-files. They also have a "one dollar
cd" option with simple package.
I guess there is lots of other places that can offer these services.
Personally I find the Homemademusic approach very "artist friendly".

Yours,
Björn E