Re: re[2]: Peavey was [eletrix filter factory question=??B?qF2=?=

 deknow@deknow.com writes:

i don't know exactly what year the spectrum filter and 1600 came out, but
there
are referances to them at musicmachines (hyperreal) from at least 1995.
while i
'd like to see peavey make better stuff (and i'm glad to hear the feedback
ferre
t is a good product), 3 products in 7 or more years doesn't even come close
to s
howing that peavey is now making only first rate products.

_-------------------------------------------

This IS reflexive Peavey bashing.   They excellent equipment.  Period.
Their Cirrus basses are as good or better than anything at their price
point.   Same with their Classic series of tube guitar amps, their Raptor
entry level electric guitars, their bass amps, PA systems, etc.   If you go
see working musicians anywher between the coasts you'll see Peavey gear
featured prominently.   When anybody comes into my store looking at small
tube guitar amps, I always show the Classic 30 right after the Fender Blues
Jr.    They almost always pay the extra $20 for the Peavey.

I spent 14 years on the road in Dr Hook, and we had a peavey endorsement
from the get go, thanks to one of the other guitarists being one of
Hartley's high school buddies.  Frankly, the early stuff sucked, but it was
free and we needed it.    But the company listened to us, worked with us,
and their stuff improved rapidly.    Unfortunately, it took way too long to
build what is the flagship product of any serious guitar amp company, a
tube-driven lead guitar amp.   And that is the source of most of the
anti-Peavey bias that I'm aware of.

And I'm still using the CS400 power amp I took when we folded the band
almost 20 years ago, and it was 5 or 6 years old then.    Sounds great, and
if we ever get nuked, I expect that they'll be able to pull it out of the
smoking rubble, plug it in and use it.