From: Greg House [mailto:ghunicycle@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2002 3:42 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: RE: Repeater pedals?

--- Nathan Bannow <Nathan@giza.com> wrote:

> I think that your "sponginess" may be from the quantization of the
> loop points to falling right on the down beat.

YES! I've definitely experienced that. Forgetting to set the tempo
before starting a new loop persistantly messes me up. It picks it's trim
point by the tempo it's set at, so if it's tempo isn't your tempo,
it'll do it's "Loop Point Assist" automatic trimming in the wrong place.

> I find that I can kill any
> sponginess (read: my initial sloppy tempo and record button press) by
> entering trim seconds mode (hit trim twice), then rapidly hitting play

> while turning the dial.  This way I can find the perfect attack
> location for the loop trigger point.

Good tip, after the loop's recorded? Any tips on getting it right while
you're doing the first time through? Obviously this is something that
requires some practice, something I need to work on to get nice loops
without a couple of botched attempts.

Greg