From: Jonathan El-Bizri [mailto:ssrndpty@hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 07, 2002 11:20 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com; Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com;
Mark Sottilaro
Subject: Re: Adrenalinn - more info please

> >> Someone better tell Trey Gunn about that... <grin>
> >>Doesn't Trey use Warr guitars?
> Yes, he does now. Part of the reason is the pickups. He spoke with me
about
> his Stick sound, as he was not pleased with their lack of "rock and roll
> aggressiveness." I do some custom guitar work, and he was seeking a
resource
> for custom pickups.
> Douglas Baldwin, coyote-in-residence
> dbaldwin@suffolk.lib.ny.us

It's not just the pickups - it's also the (lack of) attack on the
instrument, and, from a rhythm guitar standpoint, the way the intrument
lends itself to a diads and sparser chord voicings and arpegiation, instead
of dan-dan-daann-chugga-chug-chugga-chugga-chugga style of play. Mores the
pity :<

Will someone hurry up and prove me wrong on this one? The inability to play
anything loud apart from basslines is my biggest niggle with the
instrument...