Re: (OT) Stick Distortion

I've owned a few Sticks in my time, and yeah, distortion doesn't really
sound good on the standard pickups.  Actually, I'm, not really that big of
a fan of the standard pickups overall, except on the lower bass strings.
switched over to a Stick with an active block (with EMGs), as well as a
GK2A that I never use, and I like the sound a lot more.  The sound is a
lot
more substantial, and guitar effects, including distortion, sound a LOT
better.  Right now I'm just running the melody side through a couple of
Boss distortion/overdrive pedals (the DS1 and SD1), a Danelectro Vibrato
stomp box, an Ernie Ball volume pedal and a DL4, all into a Fender
amp.  The bass side is going through a Bass POD - the flange and phaser
effects are decent, as are a couple of the distortions.  Also, what's cool
about the active block is that it has a stereo/mono switch, so I can run
both sides through the Bass POD for a more uniform sound.  I'd like to add
another looper to the bass/mono chain at some point.

Cheers!

Jason