One and a half Los Angeles Gig Spams

Hello list,

The one gig spam:

Tuesday, May 7
Lulu's Beehive
13203 Ventura Blvd.
Studio City
8:00 PM

This is a FREE show.  I'll be playing solo, continuing my exploration of
some new LoopIV features that are steering some of my previous EDP
techniques in a more overtly rhythmic, post-hip-hop direction.  And I
may try to cop some of the EDP ideas I tried to steal from Mr. Grob up
in Oakland (not that I could possibly pull it off anywhere near as
fluidly as he does it, mind you.)

The half gig spam:

Thursday, May 2 (i.e. TONIGHT)
California Institute of the Arts
24700 McBean Parkway, Valencia
11:30 PM (approximately) with various events happening all evening

This is also a free show.

A bit more info regarding the event I first spammed you about last week:
This will be the end of the year exhibition for the Integrated Media
program at CalArts, which focuses on various mixed-media,
interdisciplinary digital endeavors.  Events are scheduled to happen all
day; there's apparently a reception at 6:00, and my gig with Eric
Oberthaler on Ableton Live and EDP will supposedly commence around 11:30
PM.  (Yowza).

Eric has been delving very heavily into the Live software, and is
building up a sort of quasi-DJ approach with it, combining various
snatches of found sounds and recordings using the program's real-time
timestretching and editing functions.  Our set will morph in and out of
our duo EDP material and Eric's more purely Laptopism-based techique
(which he'll also be displaying between various performances throughout
the evening), all of which will be sync'd up to a common rhythmic pulse.

Well then.

--Andre LaFosse
http://www.altruistmusic.com