RE: Behringer DSP2024 Virtualizer

Mark, Greg,

first, there are the two switch outputs, which can be set when calling up
any patch or by dedicated footswitches (which double as bank up/down
switches). These are latching switches, which can be used fine for
controlling a guitar amp, but (without reprogramming or rewiring) I don't
see any possibility to control a tap tempo in (vortex-like).

Then there's the possibility to send note-on information in time with your
tapping to tap a tempo (does anybody know of a delay which can be tapped by
note-ons?), and then there's the "tap tempo". This works like this: You
specify a maximum delay time for your delay device divided by 10 (with the
forementioned maximum value of 1270), and then you specify the controller
number for controlling the delay time of your effect and the controller
value corresponding to the maximum delay time specified. When you tap the
corresponding footswitch, what happens is that the FCB performs a
vortex-like algorithm for downscaling the delay time until it falls below
the "maximum delay time", then sends the controller value so the delay is
tap synced.

        Rainer

Rainer Straschill
Moinlabs GFX and Soundworks - www.moinlabs.de