LoopIV Midi fun

Howdy Hans and others,

armatronix wrote:

> In case anybody in the know is still reading this:  Are presets the
>proper
> way to drop in and out of quantize?  I notice that there are no
>DirectMIDI
> commands listed for quantize settings.  Now that I've programmed the
>PMC-10
> to perform the basic functions, and I'm really digging the unquantized
>SUS
> functions, I realize that I'd like for HalfSpeed and Reverse to remain
> quantized.  I haven't figured out how to store and recall presets yet,
>but
> it seems like you could possibly add a preset call to a button press to
> control the quantization of a given function; for example, to have an 8th
> note Replace or a cycle-length Insert. ???

Good plan!  What I'd suggest would be using presets for storing
different combinations of quantize settings (for both general EDP
functions as well as SwitchQuant settings).  You could then try
programming PMC patches where the first string engages a preset via a
program change command, and the second one performs half speed or
reverse via note or CC commands.  Since the half speed or reverse
operation would happen after the preset is engaged, you should be able
to trigger those events in a quantized manner.

Also keep in mind that sus-insert and sus-multiply are available via
MIDI in both rounded and unrounded modes, regardless of the setting of
quantize.  That can be very handy for expanding or contracting the loop
length along cycles, without having to switch in and out of quantize.

And I have to say that quantize=8th plus replace or substitute is one of
the coolest things ever...

OK,

--Andre LaFosse
http://www.altruistmusic.com