Re: OT Re: Frampton vs. Fripp

Got a best of of peter frampton recently and was blown away reminded how
many good songs he did. Also back in the day saw an interview with him by
some talk show woman at his small suburban home at the crest of his
success,
and like Henry Winkler in a similar interview said he and his wife knew
that
fame's fickle finger could move at any time and were just grateful for the
what has and may come, but wouldn't let themselves get caught up in the
lifestyle or live extravagantly because they value their quality of life(he
was driving a pastel blue vw bug, which was one of the points where the
reporter prodded him again to spend his money as he just looked at her with
maybe pity), a few years ago my parents were watching Peter Framptom at 4th
of July thing at the Pleasonton CA fairgrounds and some gangs came that
night and started shooting dad threw mom of to the side of the stampede and
put his body over hers in case they got shot, Peter frampton kept playing,
urged everyone to stay calm and kept playing and since it could have been
worse, thought what a noble guy, my parents were even enjoying his set,
remarking "he seems like such a nice man" and "you can understand the words
he's singing".."he really did a good thing trying to keep everyone calm,
otherwise someone else could have gotten killed from the trampling"

Frampton also elevated Harry Nillson's "Nilsson Schmillson".

Perhaas I've rambled a bit, sorry about that.

Glenn