Re: Visconti interview

<<Your wish is granted in the TapeOP interview.
  Visconti says the disc is 20% live, 80%
overdubbed. He talks in some detail about the
sessions. I guessthey didn't intend to do so many

overdubs, it all started with Lynott redoing his
bass parts and snowballed from there. Some of the
tracks were recorded at soundchecks, so they even
had to overdub the audience!>>

Yeah, I remember someone telling me one of the
songs was recorded at a soundcheck, and then gave
enough of a hint that suggested that it was
Southbound, because he said you can hear the
audience noise fade out at the beginning of the
song, like it was cross fading from a live
recording to the soundcheck (which I guess would
also be live, just not in front of a crowd). I
also read one interview where Scott Gorham, one
of the guitarists, said that the only overdubs on
Live And Dangerous were the back up vocals on
Boys Are Back In Town, because he and Brian
Robertson ran around the stage so much that
they'd be out of breath by the time the chorus
came up and they couldn't sing on key, so they
had to overdub it.

I'll have to check that out. I'd actually like to
hear he has anything interesting to say about the
other Thin Lizzy records he worked on. I would
wonder what he has to say about the Bad
Reputation, Black Rose and Chinatown sessions.
Especially Black Rose, as that is one of my all
time favorite records.

=====
May you never thirst!
The Scuba Diver Presently Known As Chris

"What do you get when you give a yo-yo to a flock of flamingos?"-James
Earl Jones