Pitch-shifting percussion sounds in realtime...

Hi!

Since I have my repeater and try around with it, I had this idea: I´m a
percussionist, but many of the percussions I use, especially frame drums
have a very strong pitch. I realize with the repeater how nice it sounds
to tweak the pich of these in any direction.
Now what I would like to do is use this in realtime. Playing the drum in
the microphone, the signal in an effect unit with a pitch shifter and
controlling the pitch with my behringer midi footcontroller so that I
could play a groove and play a melody with this groove with my feet...
There would be so many nice possibilities like a polyrhythm where the
different parts are changing pitch creating harmonies. Or the possibility
to use a small drum to create a very low sub-bass.

I´m also interested in just routing the percussions through different kind
of effects. Anyone experience with this?