Re: OT: Drum machines vs. Human beings

max valentino wrote:

> One last thing.....I have also recently switched my processing around now
> favoring putting fx (which is now pretty much down to an M-One and
> parametric eq) AFTER my looper; insuch processing the loops instead of
> looping the fx.  Using timed delays, and detuned delays, this creates
>some
> very interesting polyrhytms whic can be "undone" by simply switching
>back to
> the original fx program (or to an different one).  Just curious about how
> many of you are setting up fx and loop mangling....
> sorry about the length....
> Max

This is exactly what I've been doing with the Repeater and the Lexicon
MPX1.
It's in the Repeater effects loop, usually set to be on the loop, instead
of
the input.  This means what I play is dry, until it hits the first
iteration of
the loop.  Very nice.  The MPX1 has an A/B button similar to the Vortex,
where
I set the A to Mix=0% and the B=100%.  Then I set the rate of change to
"50" (I
have no idea what this coorasponds to, but it gives a nice gradule change
from
dry to wet and back again)

One of my favorite patches is a factory preset that initates a looped delay
based on midi clock.  When you hit the a/b button, it grabs a smaller
chunk of
my Repeater loop.  Picking weird times to hit the button can give really
intereseting results, and you can go back to your loop by hitting the a/b
again.

The MPX1 has been discontinued, so they're blowing them out for $425.  Not
bad
for a box that sold for $700

Mark