EMUSIC Playlist #273

[ Best viewed using a fixed spacing font. ]

EMUSIC is an electronic, ambient, and space music show, that airs each
Thursday
at 11:04 pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem, PA and 93.9 FM in
Easton,
PA and Phillipsburg, NJ.

                    Show #273                    June 13, 2002.

RECAP:
On this show, I continued the month-long focus on Amir Baghiri, who creates
ambient music laced with tribal, world, and industrial influences.  The
Featured CD at midnight was "Live," the second disc from "The Bluebox
Collection" on the Arya label.

The vinyl show starter was from the LP "Departure from the Northern
Wasteland"
by Michael Hoenig on the Kuckuck label.

I played the music of The Ministry of Inside Things who will be performing
at
the next event in the Soundscapes Concert Series on June 22.  Details can
be
seen on the Events page.

Amir Baghiri
http://wdiyfm.org/programs/emusic/playlists/2002/focus02.html#jun
Ministry of Inside Things     http://wdiyfm.org/programs/emusic/events.html

PLAYLIST:

ARTIST                  TRACK                    ALBUM (label)
======================= ========================
==============================
11:04 pm
Michael Hoenig          Hanging Garden Transfer  Departure from the
Northern
                                                   Wasteland (Kuckuck)
Ministry of Inside      Patterns                 Live at the ICA
(Synkronos)
  Things
Giles Reaves with       The Deep End             The Deep End (Space for
Music)
  Ashid Himons
vidnaObmana and Joris   Fusion                   The Oblique Fusion
(prerelease
 De Backer                                         CDR)

12:00 am
Amir Baghiri            Killing Time             Live (Arya)
Amir Baghiri            Last Heat                Live (Arya)
Amir Baghiri            Towards a Dream          Live (Arya)
Amir Baghiri            Alchemist                Live (Arya)
Amir Baghiri            Deep Fall                Live (Arya)
Amir Baghiri            Out of the Dark          Live (Arya)
Amir Baghiri            Shrouded Skies           Live (Arya)
Amir Baghiri            Nanyphobia               Live (Arya)
Amir Baghiri            In the Heart of          Live (Arya)
                          Underworld

1:00 am

 * = exerpt
VA = Various Artists (compilation)

NEXT SHOW:
On the next EMUSIC, I'll continue the month-long focus on Amir Baghiri.
The
Featured CD at Midnight will be "Night," the third disc from "The Bluebox
Collection" on the Arya label.

The vinyl show starter will be from the LP "Catharsis Volume 6."

The Ministry of Inside Things who will perform at the Soundscapes Concert
Series on June 22, will play live on EMUSIC to whet your appetite for the
concert at the IceHouse.

Bill
Host of EMUSIC, an electronic, ambient, and space  music  show.
Thursdays  at
11  pm  on  WDIY  88.1  FM,  Allentown  and Bethlehem and 93.9 FM in
Easton and
Phillipsburg.  http://wdiyfm.org/programs/emusic
Host  of  the  AM/FM  show  on  WMUH  91.7  FM  every  other  Saturday at
6 am.
Email me before submiting music for airplay consideration.
billfox@fast.net
Radio Station Home Pages:   http://wdiyfm.org
http://www.muhlenberg.edu/wmuh
Personal site: http://www.users.fast.net/~billfox
To subscribe to the EMUSIC on WDIY list, go to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/emusic-wdiy  and  click  on  [Join  This
Group!]
SOUNDSCAPES Concert Series: http://www.tadream.net/soundscapes