Re: OT: CARP passed- this sucks.

Hello Mr. Flint,

I'm Herb Linkletter from the IIPA (Internet Information Publishing
Association)  We've started this association to protect writers that
want to publish on the Information Superhighway.  We represent companies
like Time/Warner and Randomhouse.  We're going to impose a nominal fee
for all writings downloaded from all sites on the internet, as to
protect the writers signed to publishing companies.  This will include
any information in text format, such as the list archives that are now
hosted on the Looper's Delight website.  Now, while no publishers have
contracts with any of the people posting on the LD site, they could
quite possibly sometime in the future, and therefore we have to protect
the artists that so eloquently post on the LD list.  We'll figure out a
way to get them the money, never you mind.

If this fee of .07 US per email (yes, even for "me too's") is too much
of a burden for you, I suggest you do a better marketing job and perhaps
get some real advertising to help you make up the revenue.  We notice
the LD site uses a lot of bandwidth, so obviously some people feel the
information is useful and by useful, we mean worth money.

Thank you,

Herb Linkletter