Re: Hi, it's me again...repeater buzz noise

Hi,   Thought I'd add my experience here.  I had what sounds like the same
problem
with my Repeater about a year ago or so.  At the time I refered to it as a
"warble";
it was a hum with a slight modulation of the pitch at about 2 hz, and was
noticable
during periods of silence both from line outs and headphones.  I also
notice some
crackling from the input pot.  After quite a bit of back-and-forth,
Electrix agreed
to ship/repair the unit.  After about 6 weeks in the shop, I got it back -
no
crackle, but the hum was still there.  Many more back-and-forth messages,
and a few
phone calls.  Finally Electrix agreed to replace the unit.

The new unit hums a bit, but it's not nearly as bad as the original, and
doesn't have
that "warbly" quality; in fact, if I weren't sensitized to this problem, I
probably
wouldn't notice it.  I think the Repeater has a design flaw, and that in
some units
it's barely noticable, while in others it is a more serious problem.  If
the hum is
causing problems for you, I suggest getting in touch with Electrix.
They're not the
most responsive folks that I've dealt with, but they're pretty friendly
when they do
respond, and willing to be helpful.  Good luck.

Elby