Re: SV: new software looper

Thanks Per!  I started the project because I couldn't find a hardware or
software looper that quite fit what I was after.  I wanted something
performance oriented, good quality sound, stereo tracks or better, and
seamless overdubbing for "ambient" or beatless loops.  Anyway I figured it
was a good excuse to try programming a looper on the PC.  I agree that
relying on a laptop on-stage might be a bit risky, although I guess more
groups are doing it these days.  In any case it's been interesting to work
on the program.  I have two more features almost done, undo and
half-speed.  Hopefully I'll have a new version to post soon.

Best Regards,

Chris

At 08:17 PM 6/27/2002 +0200, you wrote:
 > I have been working on a software looper for Windows.  If anyone is
 > interested, it's available here:
 > http://evenfall.com/ambiloop/
 > It's pretty simple right now but hopefully I'll be able to add more
 > features over time (already working on some now).
 >
 > Thanks,
 >
 > Chris MacDonald

How cool! A couple of years ago I was really looking for any software like
this, but I just couldn't find any. I went so far that I even wrote to some
music software companies and gave them detailed specifications of what I
wanted - but noone ever  picked it up. However I ended up buying an EDP and
a Repeater which is what I'm now using live. I'm a bit reluctant to take
computers on stage.

All the best

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se