Re: looping: a structural cucaracha...

Hell o!

In a message dated 6/28/02 1:59:01 AM, brunoklein@ideastudioweb.com writes:

>Did you find me unpolite?

No! Not at all. I hope it did not seem that this was what I was implying.
I was just saying that many "lurker" or "non-respondsive" LD list member/
subscribers are merely trying to be "polite" by not inserting commentary
when they have little to ad to a discussion. Personally, I read many, many
fascinating posts on LD that I may have some thoughts on . . . but, after
thinking about it I realize that I have nothing really very original to
say .
. .
or somebody has already said it better than I would have and it's a waste
of time to say, "Me too! Me too!"

And . . . maybe it was impolite to insert MY comments into a discussion
where I'd previously only been a listener/observer. I could sense some
disappointment that the list was not responding to your posts "en masse."
I spoke up in defense of all the silent ones.

>but I don't think that this dispense us to try and contemplate other
>issues...

My only point . . . and then I shall go silent again . . . is that many
CONTEMPLATE
what is said . . . but do not often speak themselves. That's all I was
trying
to say.
Now I've said too much.

>I thought that a list of differents ways and ideas
>would have help me to be less predictable in my looping

Mine to. The LD list is very helpful in this regard. I've subscribed for 6+
years and it is very important to me. Like I said before  . . . I read
many more posts than I respond to . . . and I believe many others do
as well.

>PS: FWIW, OTOH... (pardon me...
>sometimes most of the loopfolk forget
>that this is an international list)

Sorry! My turn to apologize . . . here's a quick glossary of common
english/american webspeak abbreviations you may find in cyberspace:

FWIW = "For what it's worth"
OTOH = "On the other hand"
IMO = "In my opinion"
IMOHO = "In my own humble opinion"
BTW = "By the way"
LOL = "Laughing out loud"

There are others but these are the ones you'll encounter most often.

Best regards,

Ted Killian