RE: I know, I'll start a war!

Tonight I dug into using presets--you can set the tempo here, so whenever
you want 128 bpm, send a program change to call up the preset you have
stored with that tempo.  I was also able to use a program change to switch
quantization off, so I could use "sustain substitution" unquantized (works
better this way--but I hate letting go of quantization).  15 presets--or
you
can load them in with sysx.
Gary
PS  Loop IV rocks!

At 10:42 PM 6/30/2002, Mark Sottilaro wrote:
>Does the EDP allow you to predefine a loop's length in relation to MIDI
>8th notes, like the JamMan.  Today, I sure was missing that ability.
Kim answered:
yes, the EDP does this. you can set any number of 8th notes to equal the
basic cycle length, so you can have any time signature. Then the actual
loop length gets determined by the tempo. You can select the tempo in BPM
using the new Tempo Select feature. Or if sync is coming in by midi clock,
brothersync, or beatsync that can set the tempo for you. The loop length
appears on the display as soon as there is a sync signal. Then you just tap
record at any time to start recording. when you tap it again the echoplex
rounds off to the right length. It's really simple to use. If you have
quantize on, it will wait until the downbeat to start the record, so
everything is tightly aligned. If quantize is off you can start any time
and still end up with the correct loop length in sync to the clock.

hope this helps,

kim