Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V02 #399

> I've often wondered about that too, in regards to live performance. How
> useful is stereo on stage?
>
> I can see the point in a small, intimate setting where the audience is
> sitting in front of the speakers much as they would sit in front of
>their
> stereo at home. But how could that work in a larger venue? Wouldn't a
>lot
> of people only hear one channel or the other? Would the stereo effect be
> totally lost for most of the audience? Or worse, actually harm the sound
> for significant portions of the audience?
>
> Does the sound guy at a larger club even care if you give him a stereo
> feed? Do they actually use it or just run it mono?
>
> And what about a dance club? Is stereo even used in that context?
>
> I'd be really interested to hear from people with experience with these
> things.
>
> kim

Sorry, I am way behind in the digest, so I don't know if this has been
said
already......I need a stereo setup on stage badly because I need
separation
of my main (usually rhythmic) loop and the lead/improvised parts. If
everything goes through a mono amp my solo will be lost especially over a
more massive, multi-layered background. Infact, I am using up to two
smaller (Gibson 10-16W) and one midsized amp (Fender Bassman or Dynachord
Bass King). Soundguys love stereo, it makes their job more important ;-)

Andreas