Re: CV or MIDI Expression-Controlled Delay Time?

>I am a guitar player [yet another one, forgive me lord...] and I am
>looking for a delay unit that has delay time controlled on-the-fly by an
>expression pedal, be it MIDI or CV based, as well as the ability to
>"sample"
>live from my guitar signal. There are a million little stomp delay pedals
>on
>the market, but I need to be able to change the delay time without bending
>over to tweak knobs or doing some weird foot stomping dance.
>   I don't care about the number of echoes/loops/layers[I always just use
>one]-But I want to be able to control the "tempo"/delay-time by variabl>e
>expression, NOT a tap-tempo stomp.
>      Can anyone recommend ANY Setup/unit that would enable one to
>accomplish this feat with one's feet? Thus far the only suggestion I've
>had
>was to use the out of production BigBriar MoogerFooger Analog delay with a
>CV pedal, but they are both pricey pricey and somewhat scarce. . . Any
>suggestions?
>-TIA, --Roots

The old Digitech Time Machines would let you do this via CV.  And the
ever-popular DL-4 also lets you assign delay time to a CV pedal.

TH

***

"One of the biggest problems, I think, with computers [is] that all of the
designed energy is going into multiplying the options inside this box. Now,
fine: that's wonderful, we're very pleased, in one sense; but the important
thing, as anyone who's played synthesizers knows, is not the number of
options that you have, but the rapport you can have with the instrument.
This is why people playing crappy 35 year old electric guitars consistently
come up with more interesting results, musically, than synthesizer players
do. Because what you are thrilled by is not a new sound as such, but a new
type of rapport that you feel. This is why there's a place for good players
[and] why they don't disappear when sequencers suddenly come on the scene:
because we still appreciate hearing that rapport. We feel that this is a
musical activity. And these things [computers] as instruments are so
pathetic. They depend so much on a kind of nerd's eye view of what sort of
thing would be fun to do." --Brian Eno