Re: Looper cencus

>On Thursday, July 4, 2002, at 05:54 AM, Mark Hamburg wrote:
>
>>It would be interesting to know how big the looping community is
>relative to
>>the size of this list
>
>Its growing by the day.... :)

I wonder, too, but there is no definition for the "looping community"
as many use some loops sometime but are not addict or interested in
deeper knowledge.
Many are not into internet.
Many dont speek english easily enough to participate on this list.
I know about 10 swiss EDP "power users" of which only Claude is on
the list, just to give an idea...

>I think that loopers influence other people into becoming loopers.
>Just over the past 2 months or so, I've persuaded two people to
>purchase DL4's, and another to get a Repeater (damn, I still have
>not told him the news). The freedom that live looping gives to a
>musician, as you know, is amazing. Its like a drug, and highly
>addictive. Once tried, it is very hard to give it up.

I also hear from people that manage to get cured of it! Dont be afraid...

--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org