Re: eventide orville

Hello Anthony
the ECLIPSE is a very poweful unit...5 times the processing power of an
H3000. It's the only 1 space rack unit on the market performing at
24bit/up to 96KHz sampling rate. It has 40 seconds delay memory,
preamps, polyfuzzes, up to 8 voices delays/pitch shifters/comb
taps/ring modulators/chorus/flangers. Reverbs are AWESOME !!!
It also offer different reverbs like PLEXVERBS, using complex feedback
routings between delay lines and detuners...to get a very particular
grainy texture, quite popular among "experimenters"
(Tibbetts/Brook/Fripp/Aarset/Gunn/Kaiser)! "Normal" reverbs are simply
outstanding: I have just got back from Oslo where I spent a few days
with Jan Garbarek. We have designed reverb algorithms (and more...) ,
trying to achieve the best possible sound Jan wants. Well...after many
years of touring and recording with a 480 and G-Force, Pcm70,
Pcm80...jan will start his world tour in the coming fal with his brand
new ORVILLE...leaving all those boxes home. He was simply floored by
our reverb algorithms. Eclipse verbs are better than a dsp4000 in
quality, so no mistery it sounds better than an MPX1.
You will also find dozens of other algorithms (reverse delays/reverse
shifters/etc) for any kind of processing & mangling. Gtr distortions
are very unique.
Eventide has a Support Area/Forum on the web : EVENTIDE HELPS.
there you'll find lots of info/users interaction/MP3s/patches to
download/tutorial documents and more
also you can get Eclipse manuals here:
http://www.eventide.com/eclipse/eclipse.htm
Learnig curve for Eclipse is not an issue.

best regards
Italo De Angelis