From: Dave Trenkel [mailto:improv@peak.org]
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 3:53 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: RE: prerecorded loops

>I always thought this was a sort of musical "urban legend" (conflicting
>reports).  Does he *really* build his own gear and write his own software?

I've heard the same, it doesn't seem like there's all that much in
his earlier work (the pre-MSP period) that couldn't be done with
creative programming of commercial synths and samplers. I think
there's a tendency among a lot of the British electronic guys (and a
few of the Americans I've met) to overly mystify what they do, as if
they're afraid that someone else buying the same box will steal their
gig.
Dave Trenkel                                New and Improv Music
http://www.newandimprov.com         improv@peak.org