Re: Echoplex Demystification

The Echoplex itself is pretty easy.

Record and Overdub are simple.

Multiply is pretty natural.

Insert takes practice but you can set it up to do easier to comprehend
things like reverse.

Mute is simplicity itself.

Undo is arguably a different matter. I don't think I'd describe Undo on the
EDP as simple. Interesting and useful? Yes. Obvious in what it does? Not
always.

Now, where the EDP can rapidly get complicated is selecting amongst sync
options, deciding whether to round or not to round, how to quantize, how to
quantize switching, etc.. This stuff is intricate and what you do will
depend greatly on how you want to use the unit.

But for looping, it's very simple while still offering a lot of depth to
explore.

Mark

P.S. Current configuration: Interface mode = Expert; Insert = Substitute;
other parameters still getting tweaked.