"Plex" Questions

Hi,
I just got the "Plex"...I've been using the Boss RC-20.
I'm having some problems and wanted to ask these questions....

1) I have to press the mute button twice each time (start/stop) to get it
function instantaneously.
Other wise there is a delay in the time it activates which makes it not
useable for me.

2) When I overdub the part does not come in right away and instead this
"ooo" comes up in the display and then the part comes in a bar or two
later.

3) Can you Y-Cord footswitches together?

4)I do a one-man-jamband where I loop West African percussion, bass,
guitars, guitar synth and vocals in real time at all my gigs (4-6 shows a
week) and I am wondering what the best/quickest way to loop songs with
verse/chorus sections?

I would appreciate any experienced "Plex" Master's input!!!!
Thank you!!
-Arthur Lee
www.arthurleemusic.com
(not of "Love")
Yeah...it's my real name...so please no "Love" fan comments. ;-)