Re: Audio Interface options for recording loops

On Monday, July 15, 2002, at 11:57 PM, Clifford Novey wrote:

> Not really- RME Hammerfall makes a PCMIA card which will allow
> connection of
> their MultiFace- great setup but will cost some money- as I understand
> it it
> is well worth it-

I sometimes curse my ibook. No built in audio input.... and no bloody
PCMIA :(

I'm surprised that there are not more firewire audio cards on the
market. Other than the two Motu units, which are incredible machines
with an unfortunately matching price, there is nothing else on the
market. USB was not designed for high-bandwidth data, whereas Firewire
is designed just for that. It seems strange. And what is this bloody
USB2.0? Is there a need for this? Who's idea was it to introduce yet a
third option?

Bah! Humbug! :)

--
Stuart Wyatt - Solo String Project