RE: Another one for the guitarists (acoustic)

Title: RE: Another one for the guitarists (acoustic)

** here's a possibility: a raven labs pmb-1.

http://www.raven-labs.com/mainframe.html

(go to product, it's the reddish one)

i use one for mixing a piezo under the bridge of my electric bass and the regular magnetic pickup. i have a stereo jack in the bass, send a stereo cable to the pmb-1 and can mix the signals there. i also have it wired up so that a mono cable will be completely passive and bypass the piezo.

the pmb-1 is approximately 1/2 rack and runs on two 9-volt batteries. i think it's pretty hgih-quality stuff. it is an *outboard* device, so that may be a probelm for you. the upside is that you don't have to disembowel your instrument to change batteries. the other is that, if you have device failure, you can always plug in mono and finish the gig . . .

rick turner of rennaisance guitars (and all-around guitar/electronics visionary) recommended this to me and i think it has worked out quite well.

maybe this helps???

stig

I have a stereo pickup configuration in my acoustic.  A sunrise in the
soundhole and a fishman piezo under the bridge.  I'm thinking about
replacing the fishman with something else.  Any suggestions?

Later
Jeff

Confidentiality Warning: This e-mail contains information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, any dissemination, publication or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. The sender does not accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system that may occur while using data contained in, or transmitted with, this e-mail. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by return e-mail. Thank you.