RE: Gr-33/VG8

>>Well, if you're a bit of a non-comformist, and want maximum control with
non-existent latency, check out www.starrlabs.com... on this list, both I
and Gary Lehmann have ztars. Cool stuff.

Kevin
And if you have a hefty budget...but they look awfully amazing, and I'll
bet
deliver the goods, in terms of rivalling a midi keyboard for precision
control.

I find the main strength of my midi axes GK2/Strat and Godin ACS to be the
fact they are nice sounding and playable guitars on their own (esp the
ACS),
with 3 way switch going from dry/mix/synth only. The 'organic' sound and
feel of the strings, along with synths/VG8 really allows for a vast tonal
palette. I find the latency on the GR33 to be 'workable'--I get used to
playing a little ahead and/or programming patches with a long enough attack
to 'work around' the wee bit of latency...

That said, for the Toyata Tercel crowd:-: is the current rev of the Axon
that much better than the GR series latency-wise? I had one of the first
Axon units and found it to be inscrutable, and not that much better than
the
GR30, latency-wise.

NG