Re: Loop approach: Loop as effect

Ah, you see I will totally disagree with you there.  When you apply
distortion to your guitar, you immediately change things like tone and
sustain.  Minor thirds sound more nasty, notes ring out longer.  Unless
you're applying distortion post performance, it's going to (should)
change the way you play, and therefore can't be thought of as passive.
Many effects devices have lot's of realtime parameter options, and can
be very similar in nature to rocking your finger on a string to produce
vibrato or any other more finger oriented effect.

Mark Sottilaro