Re: Loop approach: Loop as effect

At 12:09 PM 7/22/2002, Mark Sottilaro wrote:
>  except for wah wah pedals, most people
>don't "perform" the effect much, but a lot of that is changing now that
>manufacturers are putting realtime control built into many of their
>devices.
>Digitech hardly makes a guitar effect that doesn't have a built in
>pedal.  This
>is sweet, IMO.  Saves me the trouble of having to duct tape effects boxes
>to my
>guitar. (which does have a certain charm, though)

Is that something new? Seems to me there were always devices around that
offered interesting ways to control them musically. I think there was a
period about 10 years ago where rack processors tended to bury everything
behind opaque menus with limited real-time control, which users tended to
reject. So things just went back to how they used to be with more knobs,
sliders, buttons, etc.

kim