Re: Using the Behringer FCB1010 midi controller w/ echoplex

At 11:35 PM 7/22/2002, you wrote:
>You can control the basic functions of the EDP with the FCB1010.  The
>FCB1010 is a weird little bugger to program, and I think I know where one
>might go wrong.  Several times I started out programming the wrong pedal,
>confusing it with it's function (in program mode) it's a bit confusing,

nice to know the behringer pedal works with the EDP, too bad that pedal is
so confusing to program.

>So I found that I had to add 2 to each MIDI note number to get it to
>work.  Why?  No idea.

do you have the Source# parameter of the EDP set to the default, 36? I
can't understand why the behringer would be off by two. that is strange.

>Now here's my beefs.  Where the hell in the manual does it mention what
>the CC control numbers are that control the EDP?

bear in mind you are still using LoopIII, where the midi implementation is
much simpler.

you can use cc to control feedback and loop volume. The cc number used is
set by the FeedBkCont and VolumeCont parameters respectively, in the midi
row.

Otherwise, you choose whether you want notes or cc messages to be used for
the main function controls, using controlsource parameter as you already
are. With the behringer pedal we've already established that cc doesn't
work for this.

>The manual is totally confusing.  I keep getting this feeling that
>someone
>threw the pages up in the air and put them back together in what ever
>random fashion they landed in.

William Burroughs wrote the EDP manual, maybe that wasn't such a good idea.

I've actually just started the project that will surely drive me mad,
revising the EDP manual. so feel free to overwhelm me with suggestions.

>   I want to set up the EDP so it will automatically record 4 bars and
> then go into overdub, and although I know it can be done, I don't see it
> clearly described in the manual.

You're really gonna want LoopIV to do things like that, since that is
where
features like TempoSelect let you preset the tempo and the 8ths/cycle
parameter has enough options to record things like you want. Are you
syncing to midi clock or no?

>No wonder the public clamors for a video tape.  The manual needs a
>tutorial book to go along with it, as it seems mainly like a reference
>manual.

that's mainly what it is.

>Other than that, this thing is really sweet.  Not sure if it would
>replace
>my Repeater though,

a lot of people seem to be finding that one does not replace the other.

kim