RE: what are words worth?

> > > I'm becoming a word curmudgeon. Is this something that happens when
> > you get
> > > older? If one more person tells me he is anxious when he is really
> > eager,
> > > I'm giving him a fat lip.
> > >
> > > kim
> I'm anxious to see you do that.
> bret

That would compliment his reputation too! (that "i" instead of "e" is one
of
my pet peeves, and is so widespread I think "complement" has gone out the
window from lack of use: even the New York Times has made that gaffe a
couple times)

That misuse of "anxious" is a pretty mild malapropism (if it can be
considered one; I think a malapropism has to be wildly unrelated in meaning
but sound similar to the "correct" word. I love spotting them in interviews
and conversation. Examples escape me at the moment. There were a few
goodies
from Shrub a while back...

NG