RE: Loop approach: Loop as effect

I think this discussion is a bit vague, since "effects" is really a
generic term for a vast array of tools with different purposes.    So
to "use a looper as an effect" doesn't really say much.  Also, we tend
to think of instruments as a self-contained device, but i wouldn't
consider a looper by itself an instrument.  OTOH a looper and a
guitar:*that's* an instrument.  Just like I would consider a guitar
with an amplifier a whole instrument.  Another example would be a
filter. By itself it's just an "effect", but add an oscillator and some
other things, and suddenly you have an instrument.  And whether you
actively interact with the filter  or just leave it alone, it's still
considered a part of the instrument, no?

Ernesto

--
http://fastmail.fm
 - Ever wonder why we aren't named snailmail.sm?