Re: Dummy Loads, Line Outs, and thangs like that

dt, Mark, Kim, Pedro, Chris, Stan, David, Greg, et. al.

THANKS!  That little bit of discussion and sharing of ideas has given me
some things to work on.  I think I'll try Greg's idea and use a long
speaker
cable to put the Rivera cab in another room, and check sound of the
Rivera's
line out into a JC-120.  I can confirm that the Rivera line out is *post*
power amp stage, so we'll see how it sounds.

I also hear a lot of votes for the THD Hotplate, and reactive loads in
general, so I'll go on a little hunt for one.  I think a friend of mine in
town has one (8 ohm, I hope!), so I'll give that a shot too.  I know it has
a dummy load setting, and an adjustable line out, so I'd hope for a good
tone from that into the JC-120s.

dt, thanks much for your detailed analysis and reply.  I still can't get
myself excited about using a mixer and aux sends, although I recognize the
extra flexibility it would add.  I think it's just my background as a
guitar
player, and being a guy who wants to minimize the gear to lug around.  It's
also something to do with wanting to control most/all of my goodies with my
feet, as opposed to having to let go of the guitar to tweak a mixer
slider/knob.  Just forgive me, and let me suffer on that one! :)

Again guys, thanks.  I will report back on any/all experiments in this
area.

Doug