Midi Thru, EDP & Ecplise

My Midi patchbay is full and I am wondering if the following will be a
suitable configuration for my Eclipse & EDP:

Route Midi Out from MTP to Eclipse Midi In
Route Midi Thru from Eclipse to EDP Midi In
Route Midi Out from EDP to MTP Midi In

What I am interested in know from a technical standpoint is whether or
not Midi Clock will be preserved for both units (and the rest of my rig)
and any other issues that I should be aware of.  I just want to make
sure that if I am trying to control the EDP by sending midi messages via
the Eclipse Thru port, the EDP will not freak out (of course assuming I
have the proper midi channels set, etc.) I believe I want the EDP to be
my master Midi time keeper for my rig and I think this setup will allow
it.  Any other suggestions, ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve