Oakland CA gig spam [Fwd: This week at 21 Grand]

Hey, scroll down to the bottom for info on Matt's Oakland Looping
Festival.  I can't wait!

Mark

Greetings,

21 Grand is recovering from the Accordion Festival and its unexpectedly
whopping turn-out.  For those of you who missed it, several of the
performers will be returning (including Jason Webley) on Wednesday,
September 25.

Experimental folks that we are here at 21 Grand, I'm trying a new thing
here
on the weekly e-mail, the "tease and link," so that the missives aren't as
long.  Let me know whether you prefer this method or the old "scrolling
through large text blocks".

Sarah

21 Grand is a multi-disciplinary arts space located at 449B 23rd St.
(between Broadway and Telegraph) in Oakland.
21grand@onebox.com
(510) 444-7263

Friday, August 9 Emergency String Quintet CD Release + Rev.99 8PM $5-10

Emergency String Quintet
Jeff Hobbs, Kevin Van Yserloo, violins
Jonathan Fretheim, viola
Bob Marsh, cello
Damon Smith, bass
Public Eyesore cd(r) release event: "On the Corner (Market and Sixth)".

Rev.99
Rev.99 establishes environmental improvisations. We develop feedback
relationships between the players as media-ted by technology. In other
words, the sounds and visuals people produce are routed through either a
video or audio mixer (or both) before being presented.
more info at http://www.21grand.org/20020809.html

Saturday August 10th GRAFT WORK: Film/sound/performance 9pm $5-10

Steve Dye and Owen O'Toole from Wetgate
Charles Kremenak Liz Albee and Jason Stamberger as Multiplicator
Bunnyphonic
John Reily
Kerry Laitala
Maximillian (optic nerd) Godino plus possible special surprise guests!

more info at http://www.21grand.org/20020810.html

Sunday, August 11 Oakland Looping Festival 8:00 $6-10 Sliding Scale

Rick Walker - Processed Live Percussion & Found Objects
Matt Davignon - Turntable, CD, and Tape
Bill Walker - Electronic Guitar
Scott "Kungha" Drengsen - Looped Fretless Bass

4 musicians exploring instruments combined with live electronic
processing/looping from different perspectives will present solo sets,
followed by collaborative improvisation.

more info at http://www.21grand.org/20020811.html