Re: sample based looping vs. delay looping

  This is interesting, since I've recorded sustained drones with my  voice
and  haven't had either problem mentioned here.  This isn't the first
message which mentions this, but I for one, haven't come across it.
-Thankfully...  <smile>  The method I usually use is to record a blank loop
and then simply overdub to create seamless drones.  -And I'm not getting
any artifacting.  -<smile>  creative language mods...   lol!  Anyway, -best
of luck...

Smiles,

CQ

At 10:43 AM 8/8/02 -0500, you wrote:
>           I finally  decided that this was because the echoplex is based
>on a delay architecture  rather than a sampler/recorder architecture like
>the repeater. I think what is  happening in the repeater is that on
>overdub
>the sample is actually mixed and  resampled with each pass rather than the
>more traditional method of creating an  infinite delay loop.       a
>quality that loopers should address when reviewing devices for  wonderful
>and informative sites such as this one?   thanx, lance

---

-Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~thefates

Please visit The Guitar Cafe.