Re: Sony VAIO and laptop workstations in general

A Mac ibook or, even better, Powerbook is the best
laptop solution, hands down, for audio.
But if you need to traverse to the dark side....
I recommend www.microexpress.net
I have one of their Windows laptops and it is a great
machine.  They consistently get great reviews in
Laptop magazines.  They include firewire on board
like the Sony Vaio, have large screens and great
graphics cards.  They don't advertise....  they only
sell direct but they have been in biz for awhile....
Very good tech support.
http://www.microexpress.net/
--
gary