Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V02 #518

On Saturday, August 10, 2002, at 09:00  AM, philip raath wrote:
> not to start any OS wars here, but my problem with
> macs is that i simply DESPISE the OS and interface. it
> just seems ridiculously nonfunctional to me, even
> after years of trying to adjust. by the same token, i
> concur w/ mr. torn on windows xp and the like. it's a
> piece of shit.

Compared to what?  I'm not saying that the Mac or it's imitator Windows
is great, but I've always found the Mac to be very intuitive for most
things.  The problem with the 2 OSs, for me, is that they tend to look
and behave a lot a like, but then NOT.  It's the parts that look like
they should work the same, but don't that bug me.  Are you looking for a
UNIX command line interface?  There's always OSX if you're looking for
such things in a commercial OS.  I'd go into the lack of music software,
at this time, for that platform, but I think we've been there.  I'm in
OSX most of the time, and switch to OSX for audio.  It's not the best
solution, but I'm being patient.

Mark Sottilaro