Re: Critique of Critique of Feedback at Max

on 8/13/02 11:30 PM, Andre LaFosse at altruist@earthlink.net wrote:

>> Matthias (whose music I adore and who I consider a good new friend)
>> wrote:
>> I just shortly repeat what Kim an me pointed several time at on this
>> list:
>> With FB constantely at max, the loop turns into a ball on a chain: The
>> phrase you started with keeps you in the same mood,

Then there's the technique that's often used by Peter Gabriel where the
loop
stays the same, but gets processed in varying ways throughout the song.
Good
examples are Peter's "San Jacinto" and Laurie Anderson's "Oh Superman."
Very simple loops can work with a little processing, and/or interesting
chord changes going on in support of the loop.

Mark Sottilaro