Bruces FCB1010 and some MIDI tricks

> Now that i've programmed the pedal twice it seems pretty straightforward!

:-)

>  Except:
>
>  3)  the footcontrollers (volume and feedback), though set up for a
>range of
>  0-127, only yield about 26-127, according to the edp display and my
>  ears......and i have no idea what to do for that.
>
>  Bruce

OK Bruce, sounds like you're pedals need recalibrating.
So here's the recalibration procedure, it's not on the Behringer site.

I found it best to use "not quite" the full range of the pedal when
calibrating, as following the instructions exactly
can  give you a slightly reduced range.

Behringer FCB1010 POST/recalibration HOWTO
The original text is from Behringer support, posted to uk.music.guitar on
11th Dec 2001. I (Mike) have edited it a bit for clarity.
Keep footswitches 1 and 3 pressed while switching on the unit (This bit
you
can't do standing up!). Release the switches when the display blanks. The
LEDs on the footswitches, the ones on the display and each segment of the
two
numeric displays will turn on and off in sequence.
Wait untill all footswitch LEDs are on. Depress all footswitches one at a
time, including UP and DOWN, untill all LEDs are off.
Wait untill relay switch test is finished. (There will be a couple of
mechanical clicks, and the display will end up reading "F1" (at least, it
did
on mine)). [Also, if you have connected a MIDI cable between the MIDI in
and
out, the display will show "A1" before this, meaning the midi ports work
correctly.]
Press DOWN once.
Adjust the left expression pedal (A) to the lowest value. Once adjusted
press
UP.
Adjust the left expression pedal (A) to the highest value. Once adjusted
press UP.
Adjust the right expression pedal (B) to the lowest value. Once adjusted
press UP.
Adjust the right expression pedal (B) to the highest value. Once adjusted
press UP.
Select a patch which has both pedals set to their full range, and check
the
expression pedals now send 0-127 (0x00-0x7F)

for fun
Now you should set the FCB1010 pedals to control feedback & output vol,
and use an analog pedal to control input vol.
Set the Loop/Delay parameter to .InP.

Now you can simulate all the EDP InterfaceModes with your feet.
(apart from the Stutters)
Placing your foot on both FCB1010 pedals gives you ReplaceMode.
Working the FCB1010 feedback pedal opposite to the input pedal
gives you FlipMode (easier sitting down)

Change Loop/Delay to StutterMode Stu.
Again put a foot across both FCB1010 pedals.
Now you can get the stutters going and "sculpt" them with
fade-in fade-out.

andy butler