Re: Looping Venues

At 4:56 PM -0400 8/21/02, David Beardsley wrote:
>The Brooklyn Bridge Anchorage is an interesting venue. I saw/heard
>Glenn Branca and one of his massive guitar orchestras there a
>few years ago. It was real loud and I was wearing ear plugs
>so I don't know if the high ceilings made that much of a difference.

I saw that show and held up my cell phone for the whole thing
(Marianne Amacher was on the other end of the line until
the end, it was a nice way to broadcast the performance).

It was a great-looking venue but the terrible, terrible acoustics
turned everything there into a wall of trash.  I imagine ambient
material would have sounded a lot better there and they did
do some of that too.

Unfortunately, they've closed it down indefinitely due
to war hysteria.

     /t
--

http://loopNY.com ......................An "open loop": shows every