Re: Why I love the Repeater (was;Re: Repeater spotted for sale)

Maybe I just don't appreciate pitch shifting enough, but it hasn't been a
big selling point for me.

The selling points would be 4 tracks and a stereo effects loop.

The counter-selling points are the lack of Record straight into Overdub
(the
infamous click issue) and the MIDI clock problems. The first comes up
because it messes with being able to record things with echos or reverb
tails unless I build a primed loop first. The second comes up because the
most obvious setup for me to use a Repeater would be:

                   Mo-FX
                    ^  ^
                    |  |
    HandSonic --> Repeater --> everything else

(Speaking of which a recommendation on racking that would let me put these
above my HandSonic would be appreciated.)

That way I could build percussion loops while dropping tracks in and out.

The Repeater v. Mo-FX problem, however, is a relatively big issue with
making this work. I could preset the tempo, but one of the things I'd like
to be able to do is play the base loop however felt natural and derive the
tempo from that.

Could I potentially make this work by recording the base loop and then
sending MIDI clock from the HandSonic with the loop stretching to adjust?
In
other words, I'll end up at 130 bpm (or whatever) after I record but I
don't
have to think about playing at exactly 130 bpm to start with?

Mark