Re: Repeater spotted for sale

  As it happens, I'm incorporating techno into my looping and really love
the repeater, since it's really easy to sample on the fly, and then save
loops to work with later.  The sound quality is superb as well.  The time
stretching and multiple tracks are proving to be a really useful tool as
well.  <smile>  Of course, I'm also looking at an edp, or two, whose
features I'm not real familiar with at the moment, as well.  -but would
still choose the Repeater for what I'm doing.  -If I had to.  <smile>
-just my thoughts.  -Best of luck...

smiles,

CQ

At 04:20 PM 8/25/02 -0500, you wrote:
>At 10:02 AM 8/25/2002 -0700, Mark Hamburg wrote:
>>Sylvan Music in Santa Cruz.
>>
>>They want $629, however, which puts it within spitting distance of yet
>>another Echoplex and is now twice the price of a Line6 Echo Pro.
>>
>>People keep saying that one should have both. Why?
>
>Yep, I'm in a similar circumstance.  I've got a line on a Repeater but
>I'm
>really torn as to whether to follow through on it.  (I'd *really* like to
>thank Mark Sottilaro for his insightful comments, by the way.)
>
>I don't consider myself a looper in the strictest sense of the word.  I'm
>trying to put together a setup (all synthesizers, no acoustic
>instruments)
>that will allow me to put Frippertronics-type space ambience over the top
>of techno breakbeats.  For that reason, I was originally thinking about
>getting an Echo Pro, then possibly moving up to an EDP later if I really
>got into looping.
>
>But now I'm faced with the dilemma regarding the Repeater of "get it now
>or
>forever hold your peace".  <*sigh*>
>
>So, for those of you with Repeaters doing electronica, I'd just like to
>ask: Is it really 'all that', or am I just getting caught up with
>gearlust
>and engaging in overkill...?
>
>TIA!!!
>
>         -c-
>
>_____
>"i want to reach my hand into the dark and *feel* what reaches back"
>                                                 -recoil

---

-Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~thefates