Re: Santana no longer influential?!?! HORSE CHIPS!!!!!!

>At 9:27 PM -0700 8/25/02, Kim Flint wrote:
>
>>If we are interested in how looping can grow beyond a weird little
>>niche, it has to become a part of popular music culture today.
>
>Aside from the obvious economic advantages, how desirable is it,
>really, for looping to become mainstream? I rather enjoy being part
>of a "weird little niche" culture.
>--

I do believe that loads of musicians of all kinds could profit from
this technology, but I dont think it ever will be mainstream. And
economically its not necessary. If some % of the worlds musicians buy
a unit, we can go on well.

What percentage of the musicians play experimental music or dont care
whether the music is up to date (ie feel in the past or in the
future) ?
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org