Re: Pink Floyd

<<Dont they say that "darkside of the moon" is
the most sold record ever?>>

Ten years ago, when a book called Saucerful Of
Secrets: The Pink Floyd Odyssey was published, it
cited Dark Side as the fourth biggest selling
album of all time. For the record, the three
biggest selling albums, according to this book,
were:

1 Micheal Jackson's Thriller,
2 the soundtrack to Saturday Night Fever
3 Fleetwood Mac's Rumors

Now, as I understand, a couple years ago, The
Eagles Greatest Hits over took Micheal Jackson,
and I'm not sure what the rest of the list would
look like today.

As for the credits on Dark Side Of The Moon, I
don't know about the CD booklet, but the LP, all
of the backing musicians are listed. Claire Torry
is the name of the vocalist heard on Great Gig In
The Sky (she reprised her performance when Floyd
appeared at the Knebworth Festival in 1990). The
other vocalists are also listed, though I can't
name the names off hand), the saxophonist on
Money and Us And Them is Dick Parry, who also
appeared on Shine On You Crazy Diamond on the
next album, Wish You Were Here. Parry also toured
with Pink Floyd during the 73-77 era, essentially
reprising his solos from the studio versions of
those songs (though he also played keyboards a
bit on the 77 tour). He also toured with Pink
Floyd in 94 (he also appears on one song on The
Division Bell).

=====
May you never thirst!
The Scuba Diver Presently Known As Chris

"What do you get when you give a yo-yo to a flock of flamingos?"-James
Earl Jones